Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why hello there :)

It's strange to find myself sitting down and actually writing a post again...I had planned to get back into my blog in  couple of weeks time when I thought I would have some alone time at home to write, you see we are moving to a new town in all of  two days and I should be tearing my hair out amid the packing chaos at the moment...
But I officially overdid it yesterday, hubby is out of the house for once, and I have no motivation to even get dressed yet-so here I am!

So a lot has happened in the last month....G started applying for jobs all over the place even though he is still 2 months away from finishing his degree-and lo and behold he got offered one at a great company in a town about an hour away from where we live now...and the best part is that they want him to finish his degree and are willing to give him the time he needs to do this, as well as start working for them.

The place we are moving to was actually on the bottom of my list of all of the places he had applied for jobs in....but I came around very quickly once we had made a few trips there and settled on a new place to rent. It's actually a beautiful area,(it's even won awards for NZ's most beautiful city!) it's green, surrounded by lakes and forest, as well as having a thriving little city centre -I think we're going to love it.

It's going to be so different for me-but I'm looking on it as a bit of a challenge. I have lived in my coastal hometown forever, my parents are still living in the house that I grew up in, and G and I have always rented around the same area. But there's also something quite exciting about moving and setting up our own family unit in a new place!

So the last 2 weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind of sorting and organizing...and trying to do as much as I can without heavy lifting (as G is frantically trying to get through as many reports and projects as he can before he starts the new job)-and also spending time googling why you're not supposed to heavy lift while your pregnant?...apparently it's because your ligaments and muscles are more relaxed and therefore can get injured easily. No need to tell me twice, I won't be arguing on that one.

And I need to just stop here now and say-my mum is an absolute angel. Even though she's knackered herself-and I'm pretty sure Chemo patients probably aren't supposed to be doing heavy lifting either, she's been helping me pack and load boxes, bringing me snacks and treats, cleaning my oven, vacuuming even though I insisted I'm fine to do it (she claims it's because she loves using my Dyson so much.....I'm not convinced) and has just been an all-round amazing mum.  I feel so guilty when she's tired herself, but she insists on helping and wants to keep busy-and I have to admit we make a good team working away together. I'm going to miss having her only 10 minutes away, and being able to call in for a chat and drink, and I'm hoping they'll come and stay with us on the weekends and I can spoil HER for once!

So that's one exciting life change happening at the moment...and of course the other exciting life change is still growing and thriving nicely, I'm just over 21 weeks pregnant now....and our little Pepe is actually a Pepelina! We had our 20 week scan and were thrilled to find out there's a little girl on board, and she's growing and doing well. I always thought that I wouldn't find out the sex of baby...and would want it to be a surprise. But let me tell you, I'm so glad we did find out, it just felt right for us, and I think after the dramas of the first trimester, I felt I needed to know -to find something out about this feisty little being in there. And I really had no inklings either way in the end-I would have been just as thrilled with a boy, either way, it's lovely just knowing.

I also thought I would never rush out and buy pink clothes if we ever found out- but alas...Pepelina's growing wardrobe now includes a pair of pink ruffle-bum tights, and a pink&white flowery onesie. But she really wanted them, and who am I to deny her?

So that's the catch up post, life is changing and trucking along quite nicely, and I shall be back next week posting from my new location.....:)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the girl. As for the shopping. A girl wants what a girl wants! Plus after what we have been through you desire to shop.

    My parents have also live in the same house my whole life and I've never lived more than 40mins away so I can only imagine how hard this move will be. Also the fact that your mum has been sick and your expecting bub soon must be a lot!
    I wish you all the best for the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew it was a Pepelina. Only a girl will carry on like she did in the 1st trimester! Your new house sounds beautiful and a lovely place to raise a child. I hope you and your mum can put your feet up soon and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Ants!! Congrats to your hubby on the new job and I hope you just love your new town! Congrats on the little girl, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from you Ants! Sounds like you mum is going well, which is good to hear. Yay for a little girl- how exciting! I always say that I wouldn't find out, but until your there, it's hard to know if you would change your mind. It certainly does mean you can have some fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why hello there luv..!! Hello Pepelina!

    Glad to hear the packing and moving is going well. And your mum is an angel, a fighting ninja angel.

    And if you have moved to Marlborough, then I hope you have a room for me! I only drink NZ Marlborough Sauv Blanc.. nothing else compares.

    Now I know you are having a girl I am shopping for you! Now I have an excuse to be a zombie in the baby section at Myer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bring on the pink!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so great to hear from you. I am really glad that things are going so well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete