Tuesday, May 10, 2011

6 weeks 1 day and all is well!

We have a heartbeat! A teeny tiny one at that but our little 3.5mm bean actually has a little heart and it's beating -everything is okay!
Our Doctor kindly organised an early scan for us this morning so we didn't have to wait and worry until 8 weeks, and it was awesome. Couldn't see much else other than the little flickering heart but that was enough.
The bleeding had stopped by Saturday night and the last 2 days I've felt quite nauseous so I have been feeling as though everything would be okay, but there was still that little worry in the back of my mind that maybe something had happened in there.
I'm so relieved, and G is super relieved, he has been struggling to get through his study the last few days with everything that has happened and he told me how nervous he was right before we saw our little giraffe on the scan this morning. And when we came home I promptly had a nap-the tiredness has caught up with me.
So now I can't wait until our 8 week scan, and we meet our midwife next week so that will help break up the next 2 weeks too.
Thank you so much for the supportive comments too, I really appreciate it!

9 comments:

  1. I am so relieved and excited for you. It must be amazing to see the heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you. Hopefully that is the end of that and you can enjoy the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everthing is ok!! Seeing that heart flickering is the best feeling in the world isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was worried, glad to hear that things are ok. Hope that there is more to see at the next scan. 3.5 mm is so small!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad all is well with baby giraffe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful news! And seeing that little flicker on the screen would be the most amazing thing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news.... such a relief :)) Must have been so exciting to see your little ones heartbeat :) Lots of love to you and your bub... such great news hun :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete