Monday, February 28, 2011

Cancelled cycle= *string of expletives*

Remember a few posts ago I complained this is like the never-ending IVF cycle?Well I'm no closer to finishing it. I had a blood test this morning to check my hormone levels, and got a phone call this afternoon to say my progesterone levels are too high and our FET has been cancelled.
FUCK.
I was with people when they phoned so held it together and pretended it was a client calling, then phoned the clinic back later to ask why this has happened-as I didn't understand.

The nurse said that I was too far past the right time to put an embryo in-basically we missed the boat. She said maybe my body was going to have a shorter cycle and that's why- I feel pissed off though as my last 2 cycles have been 25 days-shorter than my usual 28 days. Surely this should have been taken into account? The blood test today was day 16-apparently that's the earliest they usually do the blood test to check hormone levels but she said next cycle they may do it a day earlier.
Well yes that would be very helpful thank you. In fact-I would have happily done a blood test every day for the past week if it meant they could have picked this up earlier and not cancelled our cycle.

I thought that with a medicated cycle they had a little more control over things, clearly I was wrong.
I was more worried about our embryos thawing than the possibility of having to cancel-didn't even cross my mind at all.

So I'm well fucking pissed off, I was in such a good head space, I was so ready for Friday, I had only just today got myself all nicely brazilian-ed, and I was ready to tackle my 2ww head on and win.

I know it probably doesn't seem like such a big deal to some people, all I have to do is wait another month right? I just feel like we have been mucked around so much-first with not being able to complete our IVF, then waiting 2 cycles, and now this. I'm well and I'm healthy at the moment, we have the embryos there and ready, I just want to put one in and as I have said before-test drive my ute. Why is that turning out to be such a bloody mission?
I know I know-nothing is easy on this journey, we are constantly tested and nothing is straightforward. It sucks.I'm starting to feel like I have jinxed us by taking the December time slot when it was offered to me rather than waiting for when we were originally scheduled to start IVF in October this year(for those outside of NZ we qualified for a government funded cycle but unfortunately it means long waiting lists) At this rate it probably will be October by the time I get to do anything.

I also just wanted to mention how sorry I am for a good friend who just got a BFN on her 2nd IVF cycle, thinking of you darling girl- and 2011 had better get it's act together or Megachon and EggySue and RedPowerRanger with our powers combined are going to kick some serious ass!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my shit....you've GOT to be kidding me?! I about fell out of my chair when I saw the title of your post! I TOTALLY and completely get it....I've waited 2 F'ing months for my FET...after we weren't able to complete my transfer in January (just like your December cycle.) And, if this thing got cancelled....I would have a shit-fit! You have every right to be beyond pissed off right now. I'm not going to blow a bunch of smoke up your arse and tell you waiting another month is no big deal, and to hang in there, because that's the last thing I'd want to hear if I were in your shoes. This sucks!! Though, the only good news is that you'll still get your baby giraffe in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this happened to you. And to add insult to injury...the waste of a Brazilian?!? Sorry to joke. I know none of this is funny. But I thought I was the only one who did that before retrieval/transfer. I'm relieved to hear that I'm not. I know how much it sucks to wait, especially when you've already been waiting for a long time. I'm thinking of you and hoping that this is your year of the baby giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting around is the worse. you should be mad and frustrated. Damn it. Another fucken month. I hate doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys...
    Krista I knew you would understand being in the same boat how frustrating it is to not be able to just complete what we've started!
    Princess WhanaBea-don't worry it is funny-complete waste of a brazilian is right-I had specially waited an extra few weeks to time it perfectly too dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mate, what the hell!!!! I'm so sorry. Preparing is half the battle, especially mentally, and now you are put off?? Did you tell them you had the lawn mowed and ready for the guest to arrive? I'm sure we will prob cycle together again then.

    Chat later xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry... I can't imagine how frustrating this is for you! I hope they can get things sorted out quickly so that you're moving forward soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancelled cycles SUCK!! You get yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally ready for the journey and you let go all control just to hear that your body fucked you yet again. Trust me I know how you feel! So sorry you had to go through this but a fellow blogger once said the best thing to me- that the doctors learn something through during each "try." She said there is a real ART to ART and that we have to look at each step as a step further.
    I know it is easier said than done, but I hope you find some peace over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is just not fair at all. Oh dear. I am so sorry that your cycle was canceled. Fuck! (Okay I just had to say it again for you.) Wishing you peaceful moments to help you sort through your thoughts. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. That just sucks big time! Sounds like the clinic at your end of the country is seriously lacking in staff and common sense! Wouldn't starting BT's at Day 13 (which was my norm for ovulating on a 25 day cycle) have been obvious?! Aaaagggghhhh!! I feel your pain. I have been there but the Wgtn clinic were alot more sympathetic and then went out of their way in future cycles with a million BT's and what not to monitor me so I didn't overstimulate the second time around (although I did, but mildly and who would have guessed it at only 100iu). I'm so PISSED for you right now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. what the hell? I would be so pissed off at your clinic! I'm sorry you're going through this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sucks so bad!! I was canceled in september... it's total bullshit!! hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Argh, I really feel shit for you guys! I agree, with all that monitoring and control you think they'd see it coming. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fucking bullshit hon. When I did my 3 FET's back in the day they did a BT every 2 days for the sole purpose of not missing the boat. It really sux especially when you are so physically and mentally prepared for it only to be washed down the toilet. Hugs hon and best wishes for next month. Make sure you go to your clinic and tell them it's unacceptable and to get their shit together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that sucks BIG time. Just when you get yourself all psyched up and ready to go- it's just not fair. Stupid clinic- should have been keeping a better eye on you!

    ReplyDelete