Well my first experience of the 2ww has been....interesting.And I still have one week to go!
I had imagined it would start off all fairies and butterflies and then progressively get worse until I am awake at 3am a wide eyed crazy-haired key tapping fiend on google, but it has been the opposite so far.
The first 2 days were the worst, with crying, heart palpitating, breathless obsessing and yes googling already. You might wonder what one has to google about in the first 2 days when there aren't likely to be any sort of symptoms to obsess about....well so far I have managed to freak myself out about eating too much pineapple(I may or may not have gone a teeny bit OTT on the first day...),and find out that the tofu stirfry I had for dinner was a terrible choice, I have looked at the stats on 8 cell embies compared to blasts and may or may not have cried, and looked up some stuff on stress affecting the outcome....which I carefully doctored to only include good results by searching 'stress has no impact on IVF outcome'. So yesterday I put a self imposed ban on google-to be broken only when searching for online shopping related things.
But alas today I have been back and also googled 'no sore breasts in medicated FET'. I don't know why this has been freaking me out, I think because I have read about a few of the other people doing FETs talking about their sore boobs from the pessaries and seeing as mine are rather small and very un-hard(I guess I could just say soft)and very not-sore(happy boobs?) I have been stressing that this isn't a good sign.
So after Dr Google was most unhelpful at reassuring me and telling me EXACTLY what I wanted to hear, I consulted Dr Haidee instead this morning and have been reassured that you don't HAVE to have sore boobs to be successful, and as she is living proof of this I'm satisfied. (Thanks hon!)
But otherwise I have been coping okay, and I've tried to schedule something to do every day to keep me occupied, tonight is pub quiz with Lou who is nearing the end of her own 2ww so hopefully it will keep both of our minds of it. Tomorrow a trip to Hamilton for mum's bone scan except my whole family is going and we're having lunch beforehand- it's like a strange sick family 'fun day'-we're a bit weird like that-at least it will take mums mind off it.
Thursday I have acupuncture and I'm attempting to make my first ever Hot cross Buns, Saturday movies with G...you get the picture.
G and I have been talking to our embryo a lot lately and willing it to stick around.I know this seems a little dangerous to get so attached, but we've talked about the fact it may not work, and who knows?This little one could be out baby next year so why not talk to it now?
In fact our embryo has been very demanding lately, embryo has wanted breakfast in bed and got it, embryo has also made G sit through Coronation Street, and have the biggest glass of smoothie. And I've also informed him that our embryo would like Easter eggs this Sunday...and what embryo wants...embryo gets.... :)
haha - yes, using the embryo as blackmail to get what you want is always good fun - I often use those tactics! We also talk to our embryo on occasion - or Riffa will touch my belly and talk to it - very cute :)
ReplyDeleteI think Emby also needs a new pair of shoes, some earrings and a new lipgloss and scarf.. He he he
ReplyDeleteMaybe try an intervention, sit Emby down and tell it all the good reasons it needs to stay and why you love it so much! I know googling is addictive. Give yourself an Easter egg everytime you refrain? Win win!
Enjoy the pub quiz!
Love it!
ReplyDeleteDidn't I tell you that Dr. Google got his medical licence from a Kellogs box? I know you can't help it but it's endless batter this world wide web! I agree with Tee, milk it for all it's worth. Maybe a new car? yes emby needs a new car.
ReplyDeleteHello, my dear! I've been thinking of you and hoping the 2ww is going well! I'm going to be in your shoes in 2 days...yikes! I a already getting terrified and know I am going to be a MESS through the 2WW!! Husband is planning some "surprises" for me this weekend to help keep my mind off of the wait....but I think next week is going to be the WORST! I'm going to try not to google so much, but I think I am going to be just as bad as you! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am SO crossing my fingers for your little one, sending up so many prayers and good thoughts. I would LOVE to go through the pregnancy process with you and swap stories. Hang in there and know you have so much support behind you!
Love this post!
ReplyDeleteI hope you continue to find things to do to keep yourself busy until your BFP shows.
I'm glad I could be of assistance lovely and just for the record, at 29 weeks pregnant they are STILL not sore and nor have they ever been, so you can tell Dr Google to go stick it! Haha. Oooohhhh, love milking it! Enjoy a double serving of Easter eggs this Sunday, I still have none! Eek! Better get moving, baby won't be happy if I make him miss out on Easter eggs for the first time . . . ;-) Have a great day today!
ReplyDeleteare you embryos talking to my belly as well? we have to stop this nz - oz talking to each other telepathically thing.....
ReplyDeleteWe talked to our embryo also and I loved it! I am wishing you the best of luck Ants!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I think it is beautiful that you are getting to know your embryo. I hope I do so well during my upcoming two week wait. Best of luck to you. You are going to make such an amazing Mommy!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I am already googling a ridiculous number of topics, and I haven't even made it to my two week wait. I'm going to have to have my computer taken away from me.
Nothing wrong with talking to your gorgeous little embryo... will certainly help with it sticking around :) Great that your 2WW is OK and that you're keeping busy... that's what I'm going to do next time - last time I think i had too much time at home just worrying. All love and thoughts for you and your little one xoxo
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're getting an award from me too!! I've just nominated you for a much deserved Versatile Blogger award!!! You can pick up your award on my blog! http://ourstorkgotlost.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteFirst of all congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteSecondly this post IS ME!!
I am spazzing out googling randomness. I made the doctor schedule me a progesterone test today. And I'm losing it. The transfer was only yesterday. :(
at least i know i'm not an anomoly.