
Right. I'm moving on from stupid cycle that didn't eventuate.Thank you all for your lovely comments and outrage on my behalf! Now if you could just all form a group and rock up to my clinic with me with your best menacing looks then I'm certain that my next cycle will be verrrry different!
Never underestimate the power of Uteri combined .
I have been pondering what the plural of uterus is lately-as one does-and it is in fact Uteri....and it's now my favourite word-useless fact of the day. And if all of our uteri were together maybe they would be called a herd of uteri.Or a flock.
Yesterday morning I woke up and was very close to giving up on the gym in the face of cycle cancellation, and instead sinking into a mire of chocolatey sugary goodness and hibernating under my duvet until CD1. But I made myself go, pumped some iron....okay pumped isn't the right word-more like puffed some tiny weights, and I feel pretty good now.
I may or may not have also eaten the better part of a block of peppermint chocolate last night....I'm like a child when it comes to the confectionary aisle at the supermarket.As soon as I turn the corner I'm giddy with excitement and sneaking furtive glances at G to gauge where he currently is on the treat-o-meter....we're on a bit of a budget lately and as all willpower is lost when it comes to me and sugar I let him take charge of my treat destiny. If he charges past and says we don't need treats this week, I sulk like a 5 year old and then once I've managed to get far enough away from the magnetic pull of the lolly aisle I decide that he is in fact right, and I really don't need the extra sugar. If he stops and peruses the selection of chocolate I mentally high five myself and know that I'm in!Yesss!
Of course the disappointment of a cancelled cycle also makes a very good case as to why I really need that chocolate,and disappointed Uteri love chocolate too.
So today I'm CD 18 and hoping I have another short cycle which would mean only one more week until my next Day 1-and then I get to start all over again.And I have been practicing my best assertive voice to use with the clinic, instead of my usual squeaking 'whatever you say oh master of thy fertility'.
It's Game On, I WILL have a Christmas baby dammit!
Chocolate and I have the same love/hate relationship, and my husband usually intervenes on chocolate's behalf so I see very little of it these days.
ReplyDeleteI love the word uteri! I don't think most people will catch on if I throw it out there at random. I think uteri will be my word of the day tomorrow, I will try to insert it into a few conversations throughout the day.
We're a bunch of lions when it comes to our fertility. Ferocious, tenacious and will rip your guts out! So we're going to march to your clinic as a "Pride of Uteri" and make them do your protocol right! I can't have chocolate :( it reacts my acid reflux and the pre-diabetes thing. So if you get the chance to eat some, have a bite for me.... thank you.
ReplyDeleteChristmas babies rule!
ReplyDeleteI feel like the uteri is the volturi in Twilight.
ReplyDeleteChon honey-you're going to have to elaborate on that cos I have never seen or read Twilight!Am I missing out on something good by not having done so?
ReplyDeleteChocolate fixes anything i say!!!
ReplyDeleteI got some CAROB ALMONDS today - totally disgusting!! Give me the real chocolate any day! LOL! Maybe we could practice the stern voice on Friday cause I need to do that too!?! ! x
ReplyDeleteOh dear Lou!Yes I will practice my stern voice on Friday by sternly telling you not to buy anymore carob almonds lol!
ReplyDeleteYep I think a Pride of Uteri would beat the Volturi hands down. I like the new career move also. You can do it Ants, you are the master babe they are the providing the service!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog. MAC
Enjoy your chocolate! I am praying for your Christmas baby dreams to come true!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled (our internet has been playing up, so only just back on-line today)... on the verge of mine being cancelled, I was gearing myself up for disappointment. You sound so positive though... you're a strong woman and chocolate is a great thing too :)) With you on the Christmas baby wish... what a lovely chrissie present xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove the post...and the visuals. I have endometriosis, so I'm not supposed to have chocolate...but I can't help but sneak some once on awhile.
ReplyDeletelet me know how you conjure up that assertive spirit! I swear I leave my confidence in the car when I go into the fertility clinic. I am not meak in any other facet of my life!!! UGH!
ReplyDelete