Friday, April 15, 2011

Embryo a go-go

Well I'm officially playing 'mummy' to one of our lovely little embryos and I'm so happy to have finally reached this stage!

We had one of our 8 cell embryos thawed yesterday, the embryologist phoned to say it had thawed nicely intact but that they would need to see if it grew overnight or they wouldn't be able to use it. So after a rather sleepless night we headed off to the city that the clinic is in and while I was having an acupuncture session beforehand, the clinic phoned G and told him our embryo was now 16 cells and ready to go-RELIEF!
The actual transfer went smoothly and I couldn't keep the smile off my face seeing that little white speck on the screen, it's all a little surreal now that it's actually in there. Hopefully doing it's thing and growing some more and getting ready to implant in the next few days.

I feel really positive...but I'm just still sooo jittery and nervous and almost breathless-and then I feel stressed that I'm not 'relaxed' enough and maybe ruining everything, it's a vicious cycle of feelings and nerves!

I think the week that I have had hasn't helped things though. I had a big order of sewing to do last week and was hoping to get it all done by last weekend so that I could have this week free, but there was delays in getting some fabric to me and I ended up having some late nights this week trying to finish it all, I was quite pissed off, and stressed, and a few tears and just so annoyed that my beautifully planned pre-transfer week was ruined. It's almost comical how ridiculously busy I was when I look back on it, considering I work from home and can usually control the flow of work I do this was very badly timed and out of my control.
But anyway I finished everything yesterday, and I'm feeling good now!

I had another acupuncture session after the transfer, and then G and I went and had a nice lunch and headed home. G has been so sweet, holding and stroking my hand lots and 'talking' to our embryo. I'll just be honest-we're been pathetically gooey over the whole thing but I don't care, we've had such a build up to this time, and I feel almost proud of our embryo for being frozen and coming back to life in such a good state!

A weird thing happened when we got home too, I lay on the bed for a while with my feet propped up, and G carried our cat Molly in to say hi to me, he put her down on the bed and she immediately climbed on to my stomach, sniffed around where I would imagine my uterus to be, and then lay down with her head in that spot purring madly...it really was strange as she usually finds her own little spot on the bed and doesn't come and lie on my lap like that. So I'm taking that to be a good sign, she was either introducing herself to the embie, or showing it who's boss and staking her claim on my stomach!

12 comments:

  1. My cat did that too! So sweet and he's carried it on and now comes up and wants to sleep on my belly every night, even though he gets kicked alot! Haha. Congrats sweety, so very, very, very exciting! I was so happy to get your text this morning and know you finally had an embryo on board after all this time of limbo. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Wishing you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Your officially PUPO! Don't stress about being stressed - my FS says it makes no difference - if it's going to work, it will work! He always says after my transfers- you and I have done all that we can now..... Good luck for your two week wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaahhh! Ive checked and re-checked your blog ALL day. My blackberry is dead, so Ive missed the email traffic from the madies! Now go rent a heap of comedies and rest up and laugh all the way home! I hope you dont see that little blob till its the size of a watermelon and you are pushing it out the hole the size of a Smartie! Sending all my love and happy happy vibes... Mwaaaahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome ace amazing!!! Me feels it babes! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! This is so exciting. I will pray and wish and do anything possible for this little emby to stick stick stick and grow grow grow. I'm feeling pink. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, I wish you all the best for the 2ww and beyond. My advice is to keep busy. Helps the time pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so excited for you!! I will be praying for implantation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yahoo!! You've come so far, and I am thrilled that you are FINALLY to this point!!! I can't wait to hear your good news in two weeks...I just know it is going to be a BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic news... love that you feel so positive and that you're busy week is over, so that you can cherish every moment of being PUPO :)) Love your DH talking to your little one and your cat saying hello too.... there must be a 'good feeling about this cycle' glow around you :)) Cheering for you all the way and sending you lots of "sticky" vibes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting news! Wishing you all the best, crossing everything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww. What a lovely post. I'm so excited that you have a lovely little embie in your tummy. I'll be keeping my finger, toes and eyes crossed for you (though perhaps not at the same time...I'm not sure if I am capable of such a feat).

    ReplyDelete