Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Advent calendar for Infertiles

Someone suggested I elaborate on the Infertility Advent Calendar idea so I have...feel free to suggest any more ideas for certain days!

The Infertility Advent Calendar :  when tiny chocolates just aren't enough

Day 1:  This first window is covered in padding as naturally you will want to throw a few punches at it before opening. Inside,wine...a cask of course. How convenient to have a tap for ease of pouring it straight down your throat while lying on the couch.
And a pair of earmuffs to block out the torrent of pregnancy announcements that naturally pour in on the first day of your period - a hammer to smash your cellphone may also do the trick.

Day 2: A new pair of underwear as you have ruined the ones you're wearing with your Day 2-justleakedthroughasupertamponandmaternitypad-bleeding. More wine and a pack of super tampons that actually ARE super.

Day 5: A bra in a smaller size to encase your shrunken post AF boobs, a bottle of ClearEyes to hide the effects of the last 4 days of crying, and a gym membership as you've decided if you cannot be pregnant this month, you will use this time to workout....just like you did last month....uh huh....

Day 7: A giant bottle of preseed and a plate of oysters. It's time to get back on the bike baby-you know that sex on Day 7 is unlikely to result in a baby as you're pretty sure the sperm don't last 5 minutes let alone 5 days, but hey, old habits die hard.

Day 14: A box of No-Doze and a deliciously strong Flat White. All this banging is taking it's toll so you need something to keep you going so you're not lying there like a dead starfish. Plus this is the last day you will allow yourself to have coffee before it becomes bad for the baby you will surely be growing in there.

Day 20: A bottle of fizzy grape juice, and a champagne flute so you can PRETEND you are drinking wine at your birthday, and a boxing glove so you can punch a wall when it turns out you COULD have been drinking wine at your birthday after all.

Day 24: A huge econo pack of TP-24 rolls, bleached perfectly white for easy viewing, and none of this toilet-paper-print-trickery bullshit.'Is that a tiny spot of implantation bleeding?Nope- just a little picture of a kitty on my toilet paper"

Day 25: A headtorch and a monacle for even closer inspection of the toilet paper to see if there is any sign of implantation.

Day 26: A book of baby names as you are feeling quite confident, and a bigger bra even though you don't actually need it, you are convinced your breasts are bigger. Or maybe they're just bruised from all the prodding.

Day 27: A pair of squishy Stress-Balls to squeeze instead of your poor boobies.

Day 28: D-day. maternity clothes and the number for your fertility clinic as you will surely be phoning them to inform them you won't be needing that FET after all.

Day 29: Your period still hasn't arrived but your advent calendar has run out of days so you have to improvise....a loudspeaker to announce your pregnancy to all and sundry and a pregnancy test to confirm what is so plainly obvious to you.

Day 30: A big rock to hide under, a massive fucking bar of chocolate, a crate of wine and a funnel, and a new computer keyboard as you have short-circuited your one while bawling over all of your friend's baby photos on facebook.

Day 31: A big box of Progynova pills, an assortment of pessaries, and a voucher for a Brazilian-you're going to be needing it.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that just about sums it up perfectly! It's amazing how month after month it seems to consistently happen the same way - hopes up, hopes down, hopes up, get excited, doubt creeps in, etc. I especially got a good giggle from #5! By the way, love the title of your blog! I am new here but found you through ICLW. I am now your newest follower...looking forward to following your story. Feel free to stop over and join mine too!
    Happy ICLW!
    ~ Sara #152

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Ants! I just gave you a blogging award – I know Chon gave you one too, but I would also like to acknowledge your support. Go and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funniest post ever. I just choked on my water! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 24 and 25 had me laughing out loud and my cube mates asking what I was reading. Awesome post! So glad you joined the community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha! I love your sense of humour and I love you too.. I sound like the drunk one at the wedding hugging and loving everyone, even the waiters. You, Chon and Athena are hilarious and glad Ive met you all xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! So true!!! Day 14 is me thru and thru!!! You awesome girl!! Thanks for the lift in spirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my blog! This post made me laugh out loud!! I will be following your blog- thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave you an award- come over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arghhh number 20 is so on the money. Everytime I am not drinking there is something on and I could have been drinking after all *bangs head on wall just thinking about it*

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO! This is awesome... totally love it! I'm now a follower. Can't wait to see what else you come up with! ;)

    ICLW #131

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my god, that is the awesomest summary of the days ever! i'm back at day 1 today and that is exactly how i feel!!! :D thanks for bringing some sunshine into my sucky first day of AF!

    ReplyDelete