I love my husband.
I love that he doesn't care what others think of him, and I hope a little of that rubs off on me.
I love that he has a conscience, and he cares about the environment so much.
I love that he makes me laugh, in fact, he cracks me up, we crack each other up. And I love that we can make light of the tough stuff- our new thing is making up infertility themed lines to any song that's playing on our way back from the infertilty clinic!
I love that when we're walking-anywhere, he can name virtually any plant or tree I point to, the latin and the common names.
I love that he likes bugs, and now I can't bear to kill a spider anymore cos I know he'd disapprove!
I love that he absentmindedly doodles on his hands and the phonebook when he's on the phone, mostly little robots. We even have a little blue robot permanently inked into our white sheet where he fell asleep with his hand pressed against it!
On the subject of robots he will also break out the robot dance at parties sometimes, only after a certain threshold of drunken-ness has been reached though.I like this too.
I love that he will walk with me holding my hand, or sometimes with his arm around me.
I love that when he finds something that interests him, he puts his all into it, he's a fantastic surfer, kayak fisher, skater, ukelele player, and a number of other things that he's had obsessions with over the years.
I love that he's not too afraid to speak up, whether it's asking questions or complaining about bad service.
I love that it's so easy to imagine him with a baby or child of his own, he's going to be an awesome dad someday :)
I love that even though he loves to eat meat, he quite happily eats vegetarian with me almost every night of the week.
I love that he has passionate opinions on what he thinks is right or wrong...but he's not too proud to change his views if someone presents another side to the argument that he agrees with.
I love that he makes me cards for every Birthday, Christmas, or Anniversary, and yes-they all have robot figures on them!
I love that all of his friends are so different, in ages, personalities,girls or guys, I think that says a lot of good things about his own personality.
Most of all I love that he loves me back just as much!
oh that was super sweet janey girl. xx
ReplyDeleteAwww . . . that's such a wonderful post! You guys are so sweet together. Have you shown it to him?
ReplyDeleteYup I did show it to him, he was really chuffed actually, we're not normally super romantic,love letter kind of people but he's been such a star lately and I felt I needed to tell him how awesome he is :)
ReplyDelete