Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tick tick tick

No I don't mean the ticking of the biological clock, I mean ticking things off my list from my last post.

I'm now officially HAPPY!

I finished my sewing jobs, AND one of my customers gave me a bottle of wine to say thanks!

Tidied the house...well still a little way to go there bit hey, it's a start!

And lastly some major retail therapy today, and bargains at that!

I was at Glassons today where I found some new black skinny jeans to reign in my muffin top that has been spilling over the edge of my old ones (damn you IVF and all of your eggy bloated glory), and up at the register I was informed that if I spent another 5cents I could get a free gift, a choice between gift card or jandals-well screw the gift cards cos you can never have enough jandals!
Given that 5 cents isn't actually legal currency in new Zealand any more I settled for a $20 top.
I was then informed that if I only spent another $5 I could get another of the same top, so I basically spent 10 minutes running back and forth to the counter, being offered another deal every time-do I feel conned?Heck no, I feel that I took advantage of some marketing magic and scored some big time bargains!

I also bought a dress, and did the rest of my Christmas shopping. I usually NEVER have successful shopping days (trying to find clothes and shoes when you're 6ft 2" is not rated a happy shopping experience)

So bring on Christmas, I am officially a happy chappy again, and I have just eaten approximately 10 Cointreau truffles that I made this afternoon, so I am also marginally high on sugar and Chocolate.And I'm sure the teeniest tiniest bit tiddly-it only takes a teaspoon of Cointreau when you haven't drunk alcamohol in a while.

PS-please no one mention the 'forgotten' thing on my list, exercise-I just didn't have time okaaaay?

6 comments:

  1. Yay for getting stuff done! And a bottle of wine, to boot!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and Merry ICLW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - I can tell you are just a wee bit hyped in this post! It made me dizzy! Hehe. Glad to hear you got some bargains and you're feeling happy. Alcohol and chocolate will do that to a girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great feeling happy! And i'm glad you are having an awesome time at this point in life. Bring in the new year with this spirit and the world is your oyster(whatever that means LOL)Merry Xmas love. Your last few posts have inspired me to share a Greek biscuit recipe for Xmas day. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh excellent I'll keep an eye out for it Athena! I spent 6 weeks in Greece when I was 20 and loved the food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!!!

    All the best for you FET in January!!

    Happy Holidays and Happy ICLW
    #50

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry? What?!? 5c isn't legal tender anymore? That's just a rort! 1c and 2c I can understand but 5c?!?

    Glad to read that you got some bargains tho, nothing beats bargains!!


    ~Happy ICLW~
    #14 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
    ♥ May your New Year be filled with Hope
    And remember in 2011 to....
    ♥ take risks regularly and love hard & without fear
    ♥ cry frequently but laugh daily

    ReplyDelete